From: Rowboat <rowboat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Broken Sound in KDE3
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 15:59:01
1 Hanez,
2 Thanks for this important suggestion. I made sure alsa was removed from all
3 runlevels using rc-update, then added alsasound to the boot runlevel. I
4 rebooted and still get the same errors. I DID find a module in
5 /etc/modules.d called 'alsa.old' that was getting loaded during boot. (I
6 found its entry in modules.conf, and traced it back to modules.d) I removed
7 that file completely to a different location, but still get the exact same
8 errors on boot or 'modprobe -a'.
9
10 If an old version of ALSA is still on my system, where would it be? I would
11 like to delete it, or else 'emerge unmerge alsa' as a last resort.
12
13 Thanks again,
14 Rob W.
15