From: Christian Hergl <weehawk@×××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: rowboat@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Broken Sound in KDE3
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 00:25:41
1 Hi Rowboat,
2
3 dunno if it was tried here already, but did you, after starting alsa in
4 the boot runlevel, have the modules snd-pcm-oss and snd-mixer-oss loaded?
5
6 If not, put those in your modules.autoload (for the next boot, or
7 modprobe then now), and select the open sound system in the Soundserver
8 of kde. Unmute manually with alsamixer, and test the sound, it works
9 here that way.
10
11 Greetings,
12 Christian
13
14 Rowboat wrote:
15 > Hanez,
16 > Thanks for this important suggestion. I made sure alsa was removed from all
17 > runlevels using rc-update, then added alsasound to the boot runlevel. I
18 > rebooted and still get the same errors. I DID find a module in
19 > /etc/modules.d called 'alsa.old' that was getting loaded during boot. (I
20 > found its entry in modules.conf, and traced it back to modules.d) I removed
21 > that file completely to a different location, but still get the exact same
22 > errors on boot or 'modprobe -a'.
23 >
24 > If an old version of ALSA is still on my system, where would it be? I would
25 > like to delete it, or else 'emerge unmerge alsa' as a last resort.
26 >
27 > Thanks again,
28 > Rob W.
29 >