From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Wordiness
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 14:42:57
1 Michael Mol wrote:
2 > On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 8:31 AM, Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
3 >> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 11:05 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
4 >> My point is that you consistently write long essays that I, and
5 >> apparently most others, don't bother to read. I'm not sure if you're
6 >> aware of this.
7 >>
8 >> Someone said on IRC this morning in response to this thread
9 >>
10 >>> the tragic thing is that guy would be able to make valuable contributions if it weren't for the excessive length of his mails
11 >> So, your emails are way too long. A huge percentage of recipients
12 >> don't bother to read them. I don't know whether you just enjoy writing
13 >> (you must!) or if you hope to actually be heard, but as it stands now
14 >> you're not being heard by most.
15 >>
16 > I dunno. I read them.
17 >
18 > Duncan, I think the clue here, though, is that you should start a
19 > blog. I'd read that, too. :)
22 > --
23 > :wq
28 Me too. He does give a history of why things are the way they are when
29 he writes. Sometimes that history gives context and good reasoning. I
30 might also add, some people write short emails then have responses that
31 request more info. I think Duncan just heads those off and makes his
32 point the first time around.
33
34 Dale
35
39 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!