From: mbutcher <mbutcher@××××××××××.tv>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New adduser and deluser features suggestions
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:53:31
1 I've started working on a Python port of debian adduser 3.47. I'll update the
2 list when I have something working.
3
4 Matt
5
6 On Tuesday 16 July 2002 09:22 pm, Christian Axelsson wrote:
7 > --------------------
8 > On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 22:14:45 -0500
9 >
10 > Ben Lutgens <lamer@g.o> wrote:
11 > > On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 02:58:33AM +0200, Christian Axelsson wrote:
12 > > >> Where do I get the feeling you're taking these ideas from the adduser
13 > > >> script from FreeBSD and OpenBSD ? ;)
14 > > >
15 > > >Actually, I've taken it from Debian :D
16 > >
17 > > app-admin/superadduser is based on debian's adduser script and is written
18 > > in C (i think) try that and petition for it to be in base system (I think
19 > > it should be)
20 >
21 > superadduser doesn't even have half of the features I mentioned
22 > It's written in bash and is only a script getting some input and adds a
23 > user depending on the input. I doesn't even have a configurationfile where
24 > you can set any defaults (but then, there are no defaults to set ;)