From: Christian Axelsson <smiler@××××××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New adduser and deluser features suggestions
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 22:22:43
1 --------------------
2 On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 22:14:45 -0500
3 Ben Lutgens <lamer@g.o> wrote:
4
5 > On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 02:58:33AM +0200, Christian Axelsson wrote:
6 > >> Where do I get the feeling you're taking these ideas from the adduser
7 > >> script from FreeBSD and OpenBSD ? ;)
8 > >
9 > >Actually, I've taken it from Debian :D
10 >
11 > app-admin/superadduser is based on debian's adduser script and is written
12 > in C (i think) try that and petition for it to be in base system (I think
13 > it should be)
16 superadduser doesn't even have half of the features I mentioned
17 It's written in bash and is only a script getting some input and adds a user depending on the input.
18 I doesn't even have a configurationfile where you can set any defaults (but then, there are no defaults to set ;)
21 Christian Axelsson
22 smiler@××××××××××.nu