From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for November
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 17:58:11
1 On Wed, 8 Nov 2006 17:29:55 +0000 Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | I'm not trying to pick on Georgi, but can we please be realistic
4 | about the true impact of this? So far, we've identified one
5 | application (SpamAssassin) that incorrectly interprets a neutral SPF
6 | record. As a result, it adds 1.1 to the overall SA score.
7
8 We've identified one very widely used application that interprets SPF
9 records based upon how they're used by spammers rather than by how the
10 specification says they should be interpreted. In this case, SA is
11 entirely reasonable in its behaviour -- SPF makes the classic incorrect
12 assumption that spammers won't abuse the system.
15 Ciaran McCreesh
16 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
17 Web : http://ciaranm.org/
18 as-needed is broken : http://ciaranm.org/show_post.pl?post_id=13