From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New license: Adaptec
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 17:33:50
1 >>>>> On Thu, 29 Aug 2013, Matt Turner wrote:
2
3 >> "If you are a European Consumer you must not export Software
4 >> outside the country in which you download it without our prior
5 >> written permission."
6
7 >> I.e., if you install the software on your computer, you're not
8 >> allowed to travel with it.
9
10 > That seems like a pretty crazy interpretation of that text.
11
12 Is it? An item is exported if it leaves the territory of the country
13 (permanently or temporarily). That's at least how customs regulations
14 in the EU define the term.
15
16 Ulrich