From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New license: Adaptec
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 16:28:35
1 On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 4:17 AM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2 > The license contains nasty clauses like this:
3 > "If you are a European Consumer you must not export Software outside
4 > the country in which you download it without our prior written
5 > permission."
6 >
7 > I.e., if you install the software on your computer, you're not allowed
8 > to travel with it. Not sure if this would be enforceable for travel
9 > within the EU, but nevertheless, I suggest that you add the license to
10 > the @EULA group. And the ebuild needs mirror restriction, at least.
11
12 That seems like a pretty crazy interpretation of that text.