From: "Dooley
To: "'gentoo-dev@g.o'" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] First impressions
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 16:07:42
Wow :-)

It's very cool to see a BSD like ports system for Linux and then
to have a distribution tacked on top of it is even better.

I'm not going to have a chance to really play with it until tomorrow
as I'm quite busy today, but I did have a couple of questions...

1) I noticed that there were a few things in /usr such as man,
   info, doc, etc. that under the fsstnd should be in /usr/share.
   Was this intentional?

2) Why use /opt?

3) Any chance of getting Kerberos in the base system?  Here at
   the university of missouri, we use kerberos and were quite
   pleased when RedHat started to ship with kerberos bundled.
   I believe that kerberos is no longer governed by export
   restrictions in the US.  I could be wrong though and I guess
   that would be the reason.

As soon as I get more time, I'd definatly contribute to gentoo.  I
think this is a solid idea and I'd like to see that gentoo suceeds!

Cheers,
	Ryan