From: "Dooley
To: "'gentoo-dev@g.o'" <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] First impressions
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 16:07:42
1 Wow :-)
2
3 It's very cool to see a BSD like ports system for Linux and then
4 to have a distribution tacked on top of it is even better.
5
6 I'm not going to have a chance to really play with it until tomorrow
7 as I'm quite busy today, but I did have a couple of questions...
8
9 1) I noticed that there were a few things in /usr such as man,
10 info, doc, etc. that under the fsstnd should be in /usr/share.
11 Was this intentional?
12
13 2) Why use /opt?
14
15 3) Any chance of getting Kerberos in the base system? Here at
16 the university of missouri, we use kerberos and were quite
17 pleased when RedHat started to ship with kerberos bundled.
18 I believe that kerberos is no longer governed by export
19 restrictions in the US. I could be wrong though and I guess
20 that would be the reason.
21
22 As soon as I get more time, I'd definatly contribute to gentoo. I
23 think this is a solid idea and I'd like to see that gentoo suceeds!
24
25 Cheers,
26 Ryan