From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] systemd profiles
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 11:41:40
1 Dnia 2014-08-30, o godz. 13:27:08
2 "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org> napisał(a):
3
4 > On Friday, August 29, 2014 10:41:51 PM Rich Freeman wrote:
5 > > On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 7:09 PM, Jauhien Piatlicki <jauhien@g.o>
6 > wrote:
7 > > > Hi all,
8 > > >
9 > > > I have a simple question: why do we have systemd subprofiles only in gnome
10 > > > and kde profiles?
11 > > >
12 > > > Could we add systemd subprofiles also to default/linux/$arch/13.0/ and
13 > > > desktop (and any other profiles where it makes sense)?
14 > > I'm not sure systemd profiles actually make that much sense these
15 > > days. To install systemd from a stage3 you basically just need to set
16 > > USE=systemd and do an emerge -uDN world. We're actually getting close
17 > > to the point where you would pick an init system the way you pick a
18 > > kernel or cron implementation during install.
19 >
20 > Not sure if this idea has been discussed before, but:
21 > Wouldn't it be an idea to have a "virtual/init" which depends on 1 of:
22
23 You mean our virtual/service-manager?
26 Best regards,
27 Michał Górny