From: Alexey Shvetsov <alexxy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Upcoming changes to hosting of Git repos on git.gentoo.org (NOT overlays.git.gentoo.org)
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 14:59:43
1 Hi all!
2
3 Why not use redmine as sources.gentoo.org?
4
5 2011/1/22 Theo Chatzimichos <tampakrap@g.o>:
6 > On Saturday 22 January 2011 06:20:27 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
7 >> I don't see any particular reason to distinguish between the main tree
8 >> and overlays in this structure. Just do something common for both, like
9 >> tree/ or ebuilds/ or packages/. In the same vein, there's no good reason
10 >> I can think of to discriminate between overlays that are project vs
11 >> personal, since either can be supported or unsupported.
12 >
13 > And I don't see a reason to merge the huge overlays list with the official
14 > gentoo tree. They are totally different things, and a future alternative to
15 > viewvc in sources.gentoo.org (maybe trac-git) should reflect that. If we show
16 > a huge list with ebuild repos to public (especially to new to gentoo) without
17 > separating the official tree (including user/unofficial/bad-shaped ones), I
18 > suppose we'll give the impression we are like debian, where the user needs the
19 > multimedia overlay to get multimedia ebuilds, or the kde overlay to install
20 > kde.
21 >
22 > For the second part of your question, Ryan's responce is perfect.
23 > --
24 > Theo Chatzimichos (tampakrap)
25 > Gentoo KDE/Qt, Planet, Overlays
31 Best Regards,
32 Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov
33 Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute, Russia
34 Department of Molecular and Radiation Biophysics
35 Gentoo Team Ru
36 Gentoo Linux Dev
37 mailto:alexxyum@×××××.com
38 mailto:alexxy@g.o