From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI)
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:09:44
1 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk> posted
2 20071222071328.72f16140@×××××××××××××.uk, excerpted below, on Sat, 22 Dec
3 2007 07:13:28 +0000:
4
5 > On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 04:19:45 +0100
6 > Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
7 >> Piotr Jaroszyński wrote:
8 >> > On Thursday 20 of December 2007 19:29:22 Zhang Le wrote:
9 >> >> So please make those people understand, so they can comment
10 >> >> usefully.
11 >> >
12 >> > Are we in the elementary school or something? This is really getting
13 >> > ridiculous.
14 >>
15 >> ietf.org Are they ridiculous?
16 >
17 > Do you see them explaining what TCP is in great detail in every single
18 > publication that mentions TCP?
19
20 No, but ietf.org /does/ document what TCP is, and /not/ just in code
21 either, so it's there for folks that need it.
22
23 I actually thought the point was pretty effective, given what it was in
24 reply to. If it were me the elementary school reply was made to, I'd
25 have felt it within my rights to ask for an apology. I therefore
26 considered the ietf remark a rather clever reply to the innuendo, making
27 the point delicately, while avoiding the loss of face challenge asking
28 for an apology presents.
33 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
36 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list