From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Council meeting 19 April 2010
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 21:45:38
1 On 7 April 2010 23:02, Arun Raghavan <ford_prefect@g.o> wrote:
2 > I don't understand what you expect the council to do in some of these
3 > cases. Taking the website redesign or consolidation of documentation
4 > as examples, do you want them to:
5 >
6 > a) Decide that this should be done?
7 > b) Call for volunteers? (they obviously cannot force anyone to do it)
8 > c) Do it themselves?
9 > d) What you probably mean that I fail to see
10
11 Mostly, I want them to show leadership. I want the council to affirm
12 that these are important goals, to raise awareness of where our weak
13 areas are, and what needs to be done to improve things. And yes, I
14 want the council to call for volunteers, and where necessary to
15 recruit people who are able to help.
18 Ben de Groot
19 Gentoo Qt project lead developer
20 Gentoo Wiki project lead