From: Anatoly Shipitsin <norguhtar@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Resolve build time default editor dependency.
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 04:55:32
2 > So USE_EXPAND $Editor and use the flags to figure out what the default
3 > editor should be. Or just set EDITOR so that when fcron builds it finds
4 > the editor you used. You can always emerge fcron with EDITOR=nano and
5 > then unmerge nano and claim fcron is 'broken'. I think most people
6 > wouldn't care though.
7 >
8 > The only problem currently is that EDITOR is set in /etc/profile (not
9 > /etc/profile.env) so if you use sudo to emerge fcron, EDITOR will get
10 > stripped from the environment, causing this problem. Then again I'd say
11 > thats a sudo configuration problem, not necessarily a build problem.
14 I'm try it. See bug 149376 for more details.