From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] License Checking
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 22:52:07
1 Spider wrote: [Sat Nov 22 2003, 04:43:10PM EST]
2 > in a case where you can choose to accept either the MPL or the GPL for
3 > example, the license should be
4 > LICENSE="GPL | MPL"
5 >
6 > And if its for example either released as FPL (Foo package License ) or
7 > GPL+ LGPL parts, it should be :
8 > LICENSE="FPL | (GPL LGPL)"
9 >
10 > This is the logic that "makes sense" for me. in a case where its
11 > multiple licensed, you have to agree to all such licenses, or it won't
12 > match.
13
14 This is fine with me, and I can go ahead and fix the colorschemes
15 package. I guess this would necessitate a rev bump if ACCEPT_LICENSES
16 were implemented so that users would be properly informed, but since
17 ACCEPT_LICENSES isn't implemented yet, I won't bump the rev.
18
19 I suppose that other packages can be fixed as we go along, but this
20 information needs to be added to the developer's guide / ebuild-writing
21 guide / skel.ebuild. Swift?
22
23 Before we go any further, does this warrant a GLEP or can we implement
24 as a bug-fix to 17367? It seems to me that all voices have been
25 supportive so far, even if there are different opinions (/me waves to
26 Matt Kennedy) regarding free/non-free software in Gentoo.
27
28 Aron
31 Aron Griffis
32 Gentoo Linux Developer (alpha / ia64 / ruby / vim)
33 Key fingerprint = E3B6 8734 C2D6 B5E5 AE76 FB3A 26B1 C5E3 2010 4EB0