From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] License Checking
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 21:43:15
1 begin quote
2 On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 16:24:50 -0500
3 Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o> wrote:
7 > Take the app-vim/colorschemes package, for example. It is a
8 > conglomeration of all the colorschemes found on vim.sf.net, so it
9 > contains software released under different licenses. Presently the
10 > package has
11 >
12 > LICENSE="vim | GPL-2 | public-domain"
13 >
14 > If this is wrong, I take complete responsibility... It's what I told
15 > Ciaran to use. But the question is: Does this fit your definition of
16 > OR vs. AND, and do other packages in the tree use the same definition?
17
18 I think this is the case where you need to agree to -all- those
19 licenses in order to install a package, ergo it is "AND" and should be
20 "vim GPL-2 public-domain" in order to not be avoiding a warranty.
21
22 in a case where you can choose to accept either the MPL or the GPL for
23 example, the license should be
24 LICENSE="GPL | MPL"
25
26 And if its for example either released as FPL (Foo package License ) or
27 GPL+ LGPL parts, it should be :
28 LICENSE="FPL | (GPL LGPL)"
31 This is the logic that "makes sense" for me. in a case where its
32 multiple licensed, you have to agree to all such licenses, or it won't
33 match.
36 //Spider
39 begin .signature
40 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
42 end