From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Getting -project started
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:42:55
1 Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca> posted
2 20070718032857.GD4940@×××××××××.ca, excerpted below, on Tue, 17 Jul 2007
3 23:28:57 -0400:
4
5 > To this user since 2003, who plans to install Gentoo in the new machine
6 > which I am presently designing, this sounds like a very welcome
7 > development. I shall continue to subscribe to -dev , but not to
8 > -project. Should I also subscribe to -dev-announce or will its msgs be
9 > duplicated on -dev ?
10
11 You may in fact wish to subscribe to gentoo-project after all, as there
12 are a lot of people (myself included) hoping the traffic on -dev goes
13 down by at least 50%. I'm seriously hoping there'll be few non-dev posts
14 to dev, as while IMO non-devs should be free to post to -dev, it should
15 be development-technical only. I hope peer pressure forces that, with a
16 simple reminder that -project gets everything else, for any violators.
17
18 IOW, both your post and mine should now be going to -project (I expect to
19 be subscribing shortly). Ideally, there'll be little reason for us to
20 post to dev, tho I hope it remains such that we can. If it works,
21 there'll be little reason to go further with that moderation proposal.
22
23 So, unless you plan on being read-only on Gentoo discussions, I'd suggest
24 you do subscribe to -project, and strongly consider posting much of what
25 you've posted here in the past, there. That's what I'll be doing. If it
26 fails to work that way by peer pressure, it's likely to end up almost
27 forced that way, and I really hate to see that happen.
32 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list