From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] stabilizing libraries without testing reverse deps
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 03:04:12
1 On 9/29/13 7:41 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > Even then, we won't get much more than compile testing, or whatever
3 > test suites the packages happen to come with.
4
5 That's right.
6
7 I think we can rely on the time packages spend in ~arch to catch the
8 issues that wouldn't come up with compile and test phases.
9
10 Also, when stable is not far behind testing, the testing that ~arch
11 packages get is more applicable to stable (because there are less
12 differences). This is one of the main reason for my push to stabilize
13 more packages (always with proper testing), and I've also seen bugs
14 being fixed in ~arch but the fixes are not always pushed to stable
15 (which can be addressed by stabilizing more packages in general).
16
17 Paweł