From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for April
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 17:33:45
1 On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 19:24:41 +0200
2 Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
3 > You seem to suggest there are issues, do you have any specific
4 > concerns that we can address?
5
6 I've still not seen a full description of the problem you're trying to
7 solve with prefix. The last time we tried this there were a lot of
8 unanswered questions about your approach.
9
10 What you have for prefix is fine for a "playing around" project, but
11 unless you've moved on significantly from when we last discussed it,
12 there's a significant gap between what you have and what you've been
13 trying to do and what would be suitable or ideal for main tree use.
14
15 I think we'd all benefit from a proper discussion of goals and details
16 of how various problems will be solved before moving prefix to an
17 official EAPI.
20 Ciaran McCreesh