From: donnie berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] *-config tool renaming?
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 04:18:18
2 > It seems to me that consistency would demand the same thing for
3 > *-update. I've been in a situation where I've needed to run
4 > SOMETHING-update before, but couldn't remember what "SOMETHING" was.
5 > Being able to tab complete update-<tab> would be great!
6 >
7 > Donnie Berkholz wrote:
8 >> I just had an idea (how rare, eh?) and I wanted to see what other
9 >> people thought of it.
10 >>
11 >> What if we renamed all the *-config tools to config-* (gcc-config,
12 >> distcc-config, java-config, etc. would move to config-gcc,
13 >> config-distcc, config-java, etc.)?
14 >>
15 >> This would allow people trying to configure anything to simply type
16 >> config-<tab> and get a listing of what was available.
17
18 I had imagined renaming anything that was *-update to config-* also for
19 consistency.
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list