From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Please don't use IUSE=static-libs unless really necessary
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 22:17:50
On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 2:25 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
[snip]
> '$(use_enable static-libs static)' themselves. While at it, it may be > better to just drop the flag if no other package relies on it and no > user has ever requested the static build of that package. >
I don't see any harm with including IUSE="static-libs" for every package that has working/usable static libraries[1]. Why wait for users to request it on bugzilla when it's a near-zero-cost and zero-maintenance to add it to ebuilds? 1. An example of something with unusable static libraries: anything that links to libX11 (if I'm not wrong). -- ~Nirbheek Chauhan Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team