From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Please don't use IUSE=static-libs unless really necessary
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 22:17:50
1 On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 2:25 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2 [snip]
3 > '$(use_enable static-libs static)' themselves. While at it, it may be
4 > better to just drop the flag if no other package relies on it and no
5 > user has ever requested the static build of that package.
8 I don't see any harm with including IUSE="static-libs" for every
9 package that has working/usable static libraries[1]. Why wait for
10 users to request it on bugzilla when it's a near-zero-cost and
11 zero-maintenance to add it to ebuilds?
12
13 1. An example of something with unusable static libraries: anything
14 that links to libX11 (if I'm not wrong).
17 ~Nirbheek Chauhan
18
19 Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team