From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI)
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 01:27:59
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 16:49:10 +0800
3 > Zhang Le <r0bertz@g.o> wrote:
4 >> Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
5 >>>> As long as there is an agreement in any given point of time, it is
6 >>>> OK. Such as, put your EAPI definition on the first line of your
7 >>>> ebuild, like EAPI="value"
8 >>> No good for package managers written before the agreement.
9 >> Why not force user to upgrade their PM?
10 >
11 > That's a) exactly what we're trying to avoid with EAPIs,
12
13 I guess it was giving a smooth upgrade path
14
15 > b) no good because there isn't a sane way of forcing a package manager upgrade and
16
17 Say why?
18
19 > c) another one of those "wait a year until we can use anything" things.
20
21 Or spend 6 months discussing something that may or may not be accepted
22 because lacks enough documentation to be decided on...
23
24 lu - and 2008 is just next week..
28 Luca Barbato
29 Gentoo Council Member