From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: qt.eclass
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 11:46:22
1 On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 18:33 +0300, Dan Armak wrote:
2 > > calling a function in a global scope is a bad idea. it leads to lots of
3 > > unneccessary (and timely) computations
4 > Necessary in the case of kde split ebuilds. Take a look at
5 > kde-functions.eclass::deprange().
6
7 So you create functions to do things portage really should do ? Wouldn't
8 pushing the portage team to finally implement a major feature like
9 depranges be a better idea ?
10
11 The gnome team has been dealing with these things forever, but we have a
12 preference for a global solution instead of inventing our own wheel.
13
14 - foser