From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: About unresolved bugs assigned to voip for ages
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 18:59:03
1 El dom, 07-10-2012 a las 08:55 +0200, Pacho Ramos escribió:
2 > El dom, 07-10-2012 a las 12:08 +0800, Ben de Groot escribió:
3 > > On 7 October 2012 04:37, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn
4 > > <chithanh@g.o> wrote:
5 > > > Pacho Ramos schrieb:
6 > > >> Hello
7 > > >>
8 > > >> I am noticing for a long time that bugs related with ekiga, opal,
9 > > >> yate... are completely unattended by voip team for years. If nobody
10 > > >> from that team is willing to maintain them, please move them to
11 > > >> maintainer-needed to, at least, reflect reality.
12 > > >
13 > > > The members of the voip team are usually interested in a few specific
14 > > > packages only.
15 > > >
16 > > > Many of the packages which have become unmaintained had a maintainer
17 > > > once, but these were retired from Gentoo at some point. The package
18 > > > was then left with the herd. Nobody in the herd was interested to
19 > > > maintain them but nobody was sufficiently motivated to speak out
20 > > > against this either.
21 > >
22 > > Does voip herd belong to any project, is there a leader? Can you guys
23 > > get together and decide who is doing what? And then remove inactive
24 > > devs from the herd, and put unmaintained packages up for grabs /
25 > > assign to maintainer-needed?
26 > >
27 > > That would make things more transparent and maybe get some movement in
28 > > open bugs.
29 >
30 > Yes, that would be the right thing to do as now there are a lot of
31 > packages that are like in a "limbo"
32
33 Any news here? I can move that packages to maintainer-needed if you send
34 me the list of packages you don't want to maintain. Also, maybe
35 telepathy stuff could be moved to its own herd (that is basically gnome
36 team + tester... or maybe tester could join gnome team ;))