From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, voip@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: About unresolved bugs assigned to voip for ages
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 21:54:20
1 Pacho Ramos schrieb:
2 >>>>> I am noticing for a long time that bugs related with ekiga,
3 >>>>> opal, yate... are completely unattended by voip team for
4 >>>>> years. If nobody from that team is willing to maintain
5 >>>>> them, please move them to maintainer-needed to, at least,
6 >>>>> reflect reality.
7
8 > Any news here? I can move that packages to maintainer-needed if you
9 > send me the list of packages you don't want to maintain. Also,
10 > maybe telepathy stuff could be moved to its own herd (that is
11 > basically gnome team + tester... or maybe tester could join gnome
12 > team ;))
13
14 There is now one proxy maintainer for a couple of packages, he is
15 currently waiting for voip overlay access in bug 437538. He will take
16 care of linphone and related packages (see bug 399735 and its
17 dependencies).
18
19 Regarding the packages that can be moved to maintainer-needed: I think
20 a good heuristic is if the package has several open bugs with no
21 maintainer reaction, and hasn't been touched by anyone from voip herd
22 in over a year. This would include the ekiga, opal and yate packages
23 mentioned above.
26 Best regards,
27 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn