From: "Jesus Rivero (Neurogeek)" <neurogeek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: voip@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: About unresolved bugs assigned to voip for ages
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 00:12:53
1 On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 5:53 PM, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn
2 <chithanh@g.o> wrote:
3 > Pacho Ramos schrieb:
4 >>>>>> I am noticing for a long time that bugs related with ekiga,
5 >>>>>> opal, yate... are completely unattended by voip team for
6 >>>>>> years. If nobody from that team is willing to maintain
7 >>>>>> them, please move them to maintainer-needed to, at least,
8 >>>>>> reflect reality.
9 >
10 >> Any news here? I can move that packages to maintainer-needed if you
11 >> send me the list of packages you don't want to maintain. Also,
12 >> maybe telepathy stuff could be moved to its own herd (that is
13 >> basically gnome team + tester... or maybe tester could join gnome
14 >> team ;))
15 >
16 > There is now one proxy maintainer for a couple of packages, he is
17 > currently waiting for voip overlay access in bug 437538. He will take
18 > care of linphone and related packages (see bug 399735 and its
19 > dependencies).
20 >
21 > Regarding the packages that can be moved to maintainer-needed: I think
22 > a good heuristic is if the package has several open bugs with no
23 > maintainer reaction, and hasn't been touched by anyone from voip herd
24 > in over a year. This would include the ekiga, opal and yate packages
25 > mentioned above.
26 >
27 I'd gladly take maintainership of opal and ekiga, if nobody wants them.
28
29 Cheers,
32 Jesus Rivero (Neurogeek)
33 Gentoo Developer