From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] does v8 shared library make sense with current upstream approach?
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 00:24:45
1 "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
2 > "compiling with versions of v8 other than what is included is not
3 > currently supported."
4 ..
5 > For now V8 upstream gives no guarantees about API/ABI stability and
6 > actually breaks it very often
7
8 I agree that it isn't worth the effort to try to offer V8 as a
9 library then.
10
11 As soon as upstream stabilizes one API/ABI I think it would be wise
12 to make a package providing that as a library.
13
14 Not everybody understands it but actually it isn't a library if there
15 isn't a stable API/ABI.
18 //Peter