From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo developers <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] 1/2 OT: Comprehensive Source Database
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 16:05:40
1 Hi folks,
4 I'm currently working on infrastructure for an comprehensive and
5 detailed source database.
6
7 It is not an replacement for freshmeat (which is good software
8 index for human users), but an strictly defined database of package
9 releases and assigned download URLs along with several meta-data
10 (ie. maturity classifications, etc). This database can be queried
11 by automated build systems to get download URLs, notify people on
12 new releases, etc, etc. Distro/Package maintainers get the benefit
13 of being notified properly on each new release and feeding these
14 information directly into their buildsystems.
15
16 Once the database is running, I plan to add more data, ie. hotfix
17 patches or other qm relevant stuff (see my recent announcement
18 about my oss-qm project).
19
20 The intended audience are package maintainers and self-compiling
21 people as well as evryone who needs an clean database of packages,
22 releases and their URLs.
25 Anyone here interested in joining me ?
28 cu
29 --
30 ---------------------------------------------------------------------
31 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service
32
33 phone: +49 36207 519931 www: http://www.metux.de/
34 fax: +49 36207 519932 email: contact@×××××.de
35 cellphone: +49 174 7066481
37 -- DSL ab 0 Euro. -- statische IP -- UUCP -- Hosting -- Webshops --
39 --
40 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list