From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [rfc] enable USE=xattr by default
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 11:38:58
1 On 10/15/15 7:24 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 6:56 AM, Jason Zaman <perfinion@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Can you try this:
4 >>
5 >> # getfattr -d -m- /bin/ping
6 >> security.capability=0sAQAAAgAgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=
7 >> # setfattr -n user.test -v "foo" ./ping
8 >> # setfattr -n user.pax.flags -v "me" ./ping
9 >> # getfattr -d -m- /bin/ping
10 >> security.capability=0sAQAAAgAgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=
11 >> user.pax.flags="me"
12 >> user.test="foo"
13 >>
14 >> If this works then something else is causing those messages and we
15 >> should look into it further.
16 > This behaves exactly as described above for me on btrfs, but I still
17 > do get all the error messages whenever I install stuff.
18 >
19 > I assume the extra attributes are harmless and will get removed the
20 > next time I update ping?
21 >
22 okay its good to know that that this does work. something might be
23 misconfigured on tobias's box.
24
25 let me know any problems with XATTR_PAX markings because that's going to
26 become the default soon and in the near future the only option once we
27 drop the PT_PAX patch from binutils.
30 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
31 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
32 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
33 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
34 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA