From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [rfc] enable USE=xattr by default
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 11:24:13
1 On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 6:56 AM, Jason Zaman <perfinion@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Can you try this:
4 >
5 > # getfattr -d -m- /bin/ping
6 > security.capability=0sAQAAAgAgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=
7 > # setfattr -n user.test -v "foo" ./ping
8 > # setfattr -n user.pax.flags -v "me" ./ping
9 > # getfattr -d -m- /bin/ping
10 > security.capability=0sAQAAAgAgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=
11 > user.pax.flags="me"
12 > user.test="foo"
13 >
14 > If this works then something else is causing those messages and we
15 > should look into it further.
16
17 This behaves exactly as described above for me on btrfs, but I still
18 do get all the error messages whenever I install stuff.
19
20 I assume the extra attributes are harmless and will get removed the
21 next time I update ping?
24 Rich