From: "Michael Sterrett -Mr. Bones.-" <msterret@××××.com>
To: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Enemy Territory ebuild
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 18:15:32
1 On Sat, 18 Oct 2003, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2
3 > Well, I am thinking of breaking up the enemy-territory ebuilds into two
4 > ebuilds. There would be an enemy-territory ebuild, which would use the
5 > original download + patches (and therefore be dial-up friendly) and the
6 > enemy-territory-full ebuild, which would always download and install the
7 > complete game from the most recent version. This should satisfy both
8 > camps and also make the ebuild a bit more dial-up friendly.
9 >
10 > Thoughts? Opinions? Flames?
11
12 I don't see any reason to have two packages in portage that end up
13 installing the same thing, especially for a game. I say, pick one or
14 the other - full download or patched download, but not both.
15
16 Michael Sterrett
17 -Mr. Bones.-
18 mr_bones_@g.o