From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GSLA improvements (WAS: avoiding urgent stabilisations)
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 14:01:47
1 On 09-02-2011 08:57:25 -0500, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > Perhaps we should target having glsas published within a certain
3 > amount of time after a vulnerability is disclosed, whether corrected
4 > or not. We could re-publish a final notice once all is well. We
5 > really shouldn't consider users safe from a security vulnerability
6 > until the vulnerability is patched in the tree AND the notice to
7 > update has been sent out.
8
9 Excellent, take this up with the security team. Reevaluate which archs
10 are security supported, and see if you can get a timeout policy
11 implemented.
15 Fabian Groffen
16 Gentoo on a different level