From: Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: tmpfiles virtual
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 21:59:06
1 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > If systemd-tmpfiles can work when systemd isn't running
4
5 According to a brief test (not very exhaustive), this seems to work,
6 though I did not investigate whether it requires that e.g. dbus is
7 running.
8
9 Without entering the discussion _how_ an init-script should be
10 installed, I would welcome if that script would autodetect
11 which variant is installed and if it could be configured which
12 variant is chosen if both are installed:
13
14 For instance, the systemd-tmpfiles implementation has some
15 features concerning btrfs which are not (yet) supported by
16 opentmpfiles. Some users might want to use that features.
17 On the other hand, some users might prefer to be able to boot
18 properly even if systemd/systemd-tmpfiles blows up for them
19 for some reason...