From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: What's the use of mozilla-launcher?
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:19:02
1 Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o>:
2
3 > Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> writes:
4 >
5 > [...]
6 >
7 >> loaded. Instead of http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/0,1518,447923,00.html
8 >> it would load http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/0,1518,447923. Reason is, that
9 >> firefox executes mozilla-launcher which will eventually run
10 >> "mozilla-xremote-client openURL($u)". The problem with that is,
11 >> that openURL accepts two parameters and they are seperated with
12 >> a ,. So it sees two parameters: http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/0,1518,447923 and
13 >
14 > That would be very hackish if that's what the intention there really
15 > is.
16
17 Hm? openURL always accepted two parameters, see <http://www.mozilla.org/unix/remote.html>.
18
19 >> There's now a patch added to this bug, but I actually object
20 >> this patch. This patch replaces , in the parameters with
21 >> %2c (%2c = ,). At a first glance, this patch seemed somewhat
22 >> fine.
23 >
24 > URLs with ')' in them are also problems for mozilla-launcher.
25
26 ) is not a valid character in a URL, though - or is it?
27
28 Alexander Skwar
29 --
30 What we do not understand we do not possess.
31 -- Goethe
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list