From: Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What's the use of mozilla-launcher?
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:08:22
1 Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> writes:
2
3 [...]
4
5 > loaded. Instead of http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/0,1518,447923,00.html
6 > it would load http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/0,1518,447923. Reason is, that
7 > firefox executes mozilla-launcher which will eventually run
8 > "mozilla-xremote-client openURL($u)". The problem with that is,
9 > that openURL accepts two parameters and they are seperated with
10 > a ,. So it sees two parameters: http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/0,1518,447923 and
11
12 That would be very hackish if that's what the intention there really
13 is.
14
15 > There's now a patch added to this bug, but I actually object
16 > this patch. This patch replaces , in the parameters with
17 > %2c (%2c = ,). At a first glance, this patch seemed somewhat
18 > fine.
19
20 URLs with ')' in them are also problems for mozilla-launcher.
21
22 > I'd like to suggest, that mozilla-launcher is no longer a dependency
23 > of firefox and is no longer used, as I fail to see, what advantages
24 > m-l brings.
25
26 I'd be interested to hear what its purpose is exactly.
29 Matthew Kennedy
30 Gentoo Linux Developer (Public Key 0x401903E0)
31 --
32 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list