From: Jean-Michel Smith <jsmith@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reverse-dependency support in Portage2 ?
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 08:22:36
1 On Thursday 30 May 2002 05:57 am, Dan Naumov wrote:
2 > Hey.
3 >
4 > I would like to know whether some kind of reverse-dependency support is
5 > going to be included in Portage2. It would be nice if in case of
6 > unmerging a package, Portage would let the user know whether some
7 > installed packages need it and if so, what packages do.
8
9 I would second that feature request. It would also allow for some intelligent
10 'auto-healing' of the system, by allowing one to (optionally) recompile any
11 packages dependent on an ebuild that has just been upgraded so they run
12 against the newest version or warning one before a package upon which others
13 rely is removed. This is the one feature I miss most about Source Mage
14 (sorcerer).
15
16 Jean.