From: "Miguel S. Filipe" <m3thos@×××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reverse-dependency support in Portage2 ?
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 10:46:14
1 Jean-Michel Smith wrote:
2
3 >On Thursday 30 May 2002 05:57 am, Dan Naumov wrote:
6 >>Hey.
7 >>
8 >>I would like to know whether some kind of reverse-dependency support is
9 >>going to be included in Portage2. It would be nice if in case of
10 >>unmerging a package, Portage would let the user know whether some
11 >>installed packages need it and if so, what packages do.
15 >I would second that feature request. It would also allow for some intelligent
16 >'auto-healing' of the system, by allowing one to (optionally) recompile any
17 >packages dependent on an ebuild that has just been upgraded so they run
18 >against the newest version or warning one before a package upon which others
19 >rely is removed. This is the one feature I miss most about Source Mage
20 >(sorcerer).
21 >
22 >Jean.
24 >gentoo-dev mailing list