From: David Snopek <xevol@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reverse-dependency support in Portage2 ?
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 15:43:08
1 Miguel S. Filipe wrote:
2 > Jean-Michel Smith wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Thursday 30 May 2002 05:57 am, Dan Naumov wrote:
7 >>> Hey.
8 >>>
9 >>> I would like to know whether some kind of reverse-dependency support is
10 >>> going to be included in Portage2. It would be nice if in case of
11 >>> unmerging a package, Portage would let the user know whether some
12 >>> installed packages need it and if so, what packages do.
13 >>>
16 >> I would second that feature request. It would also allow for some
17 >> intelligent 'auto-healing' of the system, by allowing one to
18 >> (optionally) recompile any packages dependent on an ebuild that has
19 >> just been upgraded so they run against the newest version or warning
20 >> one before a package upon which others rely is removed. This is the
21 >> one feature I miss most about Source Mage (sorcerer).
22 >>
23 >> Jean.
24 >> _______________________________________________
25 >> gentoo-dev mailing list
26 >> gentoo-dev@g.o
31 > Yes, that must be something that the next version of portage address.
32 > I also second that feature request!
33
34 Please note this is very easy todo by hand. I wrote a script in an hour
35 or so once that did reverse dependancy look up. This was sometime ago,
36 though, and I don't think the python-portage api is the same anymore.
37 Is this true? If I get a chance I'll look into it and post the script
38 to the list.
39
40 -- David Snopek
41
42 /-- libksd --
43 | The C++ Cross-Platform Game Framework
44 | Only want to write it once??
45 | http://libksd.sourceforge.net