From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Eclasses (Was: Re: Re: [GLEP] Use EAPI-suffixed ebuilds (.ebuild-EAPI) [2])
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 10:09:41
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 05:21:06 +0000
4 > Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 >> Whatever. EAPI="2" works fine with current software. Could you tell
6 >> me why you're so hot on export'ing EAPI? I thought it was only
7 >> relevant, environment-wise, to the ebuild and subshells. What is the
8 >> use case for exporting it externally?
9 >
10 > I'm going to ignore you until you post a lengthy explanation of why
11 > what you just said was utter bollocks. You clearly don't have a clue
12 > what you're talking about just now, and by continuing to post nonsense
13 > like the above to the discussion you're wasting everyone's time.
14 >
15 > Honestly, that was the single most wrong thing anyone's said in this
16 > entire discussion.
17 >
18 Er two questions, not statements.
19 The package manager knows the value; so does bash. Why on earth does, say,
20 make need to know it?
21
22 (Not that it's hard to allow 'export' in the line, just wondering why it
23 keeps getting raised as required.)
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list