From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Modular X (7.0) stable on x86
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 21:26:39
1 Wernfried Haas wrote:
2 > earlier today i updated my box (without reading the guide because i
3 > haven't gotten this mail yet), and apart from one problem because of
4 > not deleting some files as mentioned in the guide, all went fine.
5 > I also noticed (and someone correct me if i'm wrong here) the smart
6 > way INPUT_DEVICES and VIDEO_CARDS are used - unless you set specific
7 > ones all are built, which is a clever default.
8
9 Good to hear things have gone pretty smoothly for you!
10
11 I've actually changed this default for INPUT_DEVICES, because it's so
12 uncommon to use anything besides keyboard/mouse/evdev. So those are the
13 new defaults, set in profiles (No, I didn't add evdev to non-Linux
14 profiles, calm down =). But if you manually set INPUT_DEVICES="" it will
15 still pull them all in.
16
17 > So thanks to everyone (i assume that's mostly you, Donnie) on this
18 > very well done job.
19
20 Don't forget about Josh, he's put a lot of work into modular X as well.
21 He just doesn't talk as much as I do. =)
22
23 Thanks,
24 Donnie