From: Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Versioning the tree
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 16:34:56
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > While I truly appreciate your ability to give your opinion, I don't
3 > care. As I said, I am working on this concept as an experiment. It is
4 > being done by Release Engineering. We aren't really *asking* anyone for
5 > their opinion. We're simply stating what we plan on working on and will
6 > be asking people who *want* to participate to do so. Anyone not
7 > interested in participating in this Release Engineering-driven project
8 > is welcome to completely ignore us, as we will them.
11 Now that I think about it, regardless of the technical merits of moving
12 trees etc., Chris's statement here is more or less like the one issued
13 by Stuart in the creation of the Seeds project.
14
15 @Stuart:
16 That's something to keep in mind. It looks like for the time being this
17 will be an "in-house" project by releng, so if they want to spend the
18 manpower, resources, and time to work on it, why not let 'em? After all,
19 such reasoning went into the Seeds project, didn't it?