From: Erik Swanson <gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo internal structure
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 18:07:15
1 On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 09:32, Jon Portnoy wrote:
2 > The social contract states that Gentoo Linux will never _depend_ on
3 > nonfree software. However, we still provide it. If we moved over to a
4 > Debian-esque "if you want nonfree software, you need to change settings"
5 > it would irritate a decently large number of people.
6
7 My suggestion of a conservative default was under the assumption that it
8 would be trivial to accept additional licenses. An interactive "y" after
9 being shown the license, for example. I agree that a more liberal
10 default would be in order if it required substantial effort (such as
11 editing make.conf) to accept additional licenses.
14 Erik Swanson <gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.name>
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list