From: Christian Birchinger <joker@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo internal structure
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 12:17:34
1 It might sound a bit rude but i think the defaults should be
2 defined that most of the time only zealots need to tweak
3 them. I think most users don't care about most licenses and
4 shouldn't need to mess with this.
5 Ofcourse exceptions like ID exists (I guess mostly because the
6 companies demand that you click "OK" on something).
7
8 But don't make the user configure licenses for djb ware etc.
9 It will only annoy 95% of the people.
10 Let the zealots do the work and not the average user who simply
11 doesn't care about that licensing stuff. Especially licenses
12 which only have an impact on the distribution of software and
13 not the usage. (exceptions like ID described above).
14