From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unmasking latest ALSA modules
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 05:15:47
1 begin quote
2 On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 05:54:01 -0400
3 agenkin@××××××.com wrote:
6 > Thanks for testing.
7 >
8 > Maybe we should modprobe them from alsasound startup script?
9 > Or, perhaps, start alsasound before modules are autoloaded?
12 to load those from alsasound wouldn't be good for those that dont use
13 them, extra bloat etc.etc. but to load alsasound before modules would
14 very well be possible. or register them as /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer and
15 make them autoload by means of kernel/devfsd?
16
17 //Spider
18 --
19 begin .signature
20 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
22 end