From: Arcady Genkin <agenkin@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unmasking latest ALSA modules
Date: Wed, 01 May 2002 23:37:47
1 Spider <spider@g.o> writes:
2
3 >> Maybe we should modprobe them from alsasound startup script?
4 >> Or, perhaps, start alsasound before modules are autoloaded?
5 >
6 > to load alsasound before modules would very well be possible.
7
8 I just tried doing the former, and neither adding "before modules" to
9 the alsasound init script, nor adding "use alsa-modules" to the
10 modules init script ensured that alsasound init script is executed
11 *before* modules... Am I missing something obvious?
12
13 > or register them as /dev/dsp and /dev/mixer and make them autoload
14 > by means of kernel/devfsd?
15
16 I have only rudimentary knowledge of the devfs workings/config... If
17 anyone thiks that this is a better way than ordering the init scripts,
18 and knows how to do the above, I'd be much obliged for a pointer on
19 this.
20
21 I'm going to unmask alsa 0.9 in the meanwhile.
22 --
23 Arcady Genkin