From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Blog GLEP
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 09:26:40
1 On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 11:40:58PM -0400 or thereabouts, Hasan Khalil wrote:
2 > So, what's the verdict then? Is there enough of a push behind this to
3 > get a GLEP going? If so, who is to write it? Let's get this going, if we
4 > can. I'd sure love to see a gentoo 'planet'... As well as a list of
5 > gentoo events in my area! (Jeez I'm a geek).
6
7 If and when someone writes a GLEP, it needs to cover the following items:
8
9 * how it will accommodate devs who do not already have a blog.
10 * how we will measure whether or not it is 'successful'.
11
12 At this point, I'm highly skeptical that enough people will use it to
13 warrant having it in the first place. So I'd like to see some
14 pre-established metrics that will help determine whether or not we delete
15 this thing down the road. Something like "X devs updating their blogs at
16 least Y times per month." The statistics should be reasonable -- remember,
17 we have something close to 300 developers nowadays. Just because 5 people
18 use this blog regularly does not mean it's a success.
19
20 --kurt