From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge world taking excessive CPU/real time
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 19:36:44
Maybe it's backtracking for some reason. If that's the case, should see some related messages about backtracking. Please file a bug at http://bugs.gentoo.org and include --pretend --debug output for the long-running dependency calculation.
> I've also noticed some chatter on the gentoo-dev list about including > package dates in the portage database. > > Has anyone else encountered this problem or have any ideas about the > possible cause? Could it be python version related?
I haven't seen any other reports like this. I doubt that the python version is related.
> Versions are: portage-2.1.7.1 and Python 2.6.3 (r263:75183, Oct 3 2009, > 02:52:55). > > Thanks, > Robert > >
-- Thanks, Zac