From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: suhr@×××××××.org, proaudio@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New virtual: virtual/jack for jack protocol implementations
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 14:05:56
1 Hi,
2
3 We've been supporting jack sound server [1] for a long time.
4 Currently, we're supporting jack1 as
5 media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit. However, jack2 has been out for
6 quite some time.
7
8 As its name does not imply, jack2 is not really the successor of jack1
9 but rather another implementation of the same protocol [2]. As such, I
10 don't think it is wise to add jack2 as an update to jack1 in
11 media-sound/jack-audio-connection-kit but rather to add a new package
12 (media-sound/jack2) along with a virtual that packages can depend onto.
13
14 Proposed ebuild for the virtual is here:
15 https://github.com/suhr/gentoo/commit/1aebd8e72ff4ff2665761fc3b07f796945aa0943
16
17 Best regards,
18