From: Jaco Kroon <jaco@××××××.za>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Add systemd/merged-usr profiles
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 20:36:15
1 Hi,
2
3 On 2022/08/31 19:38, Mike Gilbert wrote:
4 > On Wed, Aug 31, 2022 at 12:29 PM Jaco Kroon <jaco@××××××.za> wrote:
5 >> Hi,
6 >>
7 >> That really depends.
8 >>
9 >> If the expectation is that everything in /usr/{bin,sbin,lib*} needs to now fit on / rather than /usr we're queued to re-install a very, very large number of hosts.
10 > You have that reversed: the expectation is that everything in
11 > /{bin,sbin,lib} will fit in /usr. In other words, we move files from /
12 > into /usr.
13
14 That's a relieve, but as per Sam this is only relevant to systemd
15 profiles, which for some reason I also completely overlooked as per the
16 subject.  However, these things do have a tendency to filter through to
17 non-systemd systems eventually.
18
19 Sorry for the noise.
20