From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] EAPI 2 Draft
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 21:25:45
1 On 00:39 Fri 05 Sep , Zac Medico wrote:
2 > David Leverton wrote:
3 > > 2008/9/5 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>:
4 > >> Both approaches are essentially equivalent but it's a little simpler
5 > >> for ebuild writer if they don't have to customize the output file name.
6 > >
7 > > But is it so much simpler as to justify adding a special
8 > > gitweb-specific hack to the package managers?
9 >
10 > Well, it's not much different from the existing file extension logic
11 > that's already built into the unpack function. I think what really
12 > matters is whether or not the majority of people see it as a useful
13 > extension.
14
15 I'm not writing new ebuilds from scratch or changing SRC_URI of existing
16 ebuilds so often (especially those with this particular requirement)
17 that there's any meaningful barrier to using arros instead of having
18 this custom thing.
21 Thanks,
22 Donnie
23